Vultr VPS Setup
*Note - This process applies for the setup of both Lite and Smart nodes. Once you have set up a server for lite nodes, the system will automatically detect and run up to 100 lite nodes of the same brand. Repeat the process to create a new instance for each Smart node you own.
You can also find video instructions that follow these same steps by clicking here!
- Log into Vultr* at vultr.com and complete the account setup if necessary. This will include entering credit card info and verifying your email.
*Vultr is not affiliated with Connect.
- Create a VPS instance by clicking the plus icon on the top right.
- Select Cloud Compute.
- Select Regular Performance.
- Select the region closest to your location.
- Select Debian 11 x64.
- Select the 25 GB SSD priced at $5/month.
- Turn off "Enable Auto Backups". You may be asked to confirm this is what you want to do.
Confirm and continue.
- Keep the "Additional Features" the same.
- Under Server Hostname & Label you will want to name your server. The Hostname will be the same for all VPS setups you complete, and the Label Name will be the name for that specific Server. For example: Hostname: WinNode1 and Server Label: WinNode1.
- Click Deploy Now.
Wait for the installation to finish (this may take a few minutes).