Digital Ocean VPS Setup
*Note - This process applies for the setup of both Lite and Smart nodes. Once you have set up a server for lite nodes, the system will automatically detect and run up to 100 lite nodes of the same brand. Repeat the process to create a new instance for each Smart node you own.
1. Log into Digital Ocean at digitalocean.com and complete the account setup if necessary. This will include entering credit card info and verifying your email.
Disclaimer: Connect United is not affiliated with or endorsed by Digital Blue Ocean or Digital Ocean. Any references to virtual private servers, their support for Linux operating systems such as Ubuntu, CentOS, and Debian, or the use of custom images feature are purely informational and do not imply any form of partnership or collaboration between Connect United and the aforementioned entities.
2. Once you are signed in, select the "New Project" option from the left side of the screen. Give this project a name and select "Create Project" near the bottom of the screen. When asked to move resources in to the project, select the "Skip for now" option.
3. Once you are inside the new project, select "Spin up a Droplet" in order to create a new server.
4. This will take you to the server setup page. First, select a region. The region chosen as zero effect on the outcome, and you can choose wherever you like.
5. Next, select Debian version 11 x 64 for the server image, and the Basic shared CPU plan.
6. For CPU options, select the 'Premium Intel', and then the $7/Month option.
7. Next, you must choose an authentication method in order to keep your server secure. Select the password option, and then create a password by typing it in to the below box. Ensure that you keep this password written down somewhere secure.
8. You will now be asked to name the server. Give it a descriptive name and select "Create Droplet" to finalize the creation of the server.
9. After the droplet has been created, navigate to your project and select the three dots on the right side of the screen next to the droplet's name. From the dropdown menu, select the "Access Console" option.
10. You will be taken to the following page. Select the "Launch Droplet Console" option, and watch for a new console window to appear.
11. Select the command listed below for the node brand you are setting up, and copy it- making sure to copy the entire line, from bash to the last character.
bash <(wget -qO- https://static.setpowerfree.com/softnode/green-node_linux-amd64.sh)
bash <(wget -qO- https://static.connectblockchain.net/softnode/win-node_linux-amd64.sh)
bash <(wget -qO- https://static.galvan.health/softnode/galvan-node_linux-amd64.sh)
bash <(wget -qO- https://static.switchrewardcard.com/softnode/switch-node_linux-amd64.sh)
bash <(wget -qO- https://static.elementunited.com/go-node/install/linux_amd64.sh) -b element
bash <(wget -qO- https://static.pixll.io/go-node/install/linux_amd64.sh) -b pixll
bash <(wget -qO- https://static.giveblockchain.io/go-node/install/linux_amd64.sh) -b give
Once the bash code has been copied, paste it in to the console window and select enter.
12. You will then be asked to enter your brand username. This is the email account account used to sign in to whatever brand node you are setting up. After entering the username, you will need to enter the password for your brand account as well. Please note that due to security measures, the password characters will not actually be visible in the console - you must simply type them carefully and press enter.
13. Finally, you will be asked to enter your node name. Type anything you want here, and then press enter. You will be greeted by a message saying "(Brand) configuration complete, you're now ready to run your node!"
Repeat this process once for each Smart Node. Run up to 100 Lite Nodes of the same brand on one VPS or Device.
Helpful hint: Once your node is setup, log into connectunited.com and navigate to My Connect. Tap BlockBot Report Or My Nodes. Your online nodes are reflected there!
We hereby declare that our company is not engaged in any form of partnership or affiliation with the mentioned company, nor are we receiving any compensation or remuneration for promoting their product. Any information, opinions, or endorsements expressed by us regarding the mentioned product are solely based on our independent evaluation and personal experience. We encourage individuals to conduct their own research and exercise their own judgment before making any decisions or purchases related to the product. We shall not be held liable for any consequences arising from reliance on the information provided.