Using SwitchPay, you can purchase ETH directly in the Connect shopping cart using a debit or credit card! In order to add ETH to your Connect Wallet using SwitchPay, please consult the following steps.
1. Sign in to web.connectunited.com
2. Navigate to the Connect shopping cart by selecting the cart icon near the top of the screen.
3. Add a license to your cart by selecting the "plus" icon.
4. Select the "Add Eth To Your Wallet" link under "Payment Options.
* Please note that you can also access SwitchPay by selecting the "My Wallet" option at the dashboard, selecting your Ethereum, and clicking the "Receive" option.
5. When asked to select a payment method, select "Debit/Credit Card"
6. You will then be taken to the "Purchase Calculator". Here, you can type the USD$ value of ETH that you would like to purchase, and the calculator will display the total USD$ that must be spent after fees. Select continue after calculating your purchase.
NOTE - this is not the purchase page, and just acts as a tool to help you determine how much USD you would like to spend.
7. You will then be required to verify your identity. This is a one-time process, and will not be required during subsequent ETH purchases. Select continue, and start verification.
8. You will be required to submit photos of a state-issued Identification Document, such as a driver's license or passport, using either your phone or computer camera. Follow the requested steps in order to continue.
9. After submitting your ID photos, you will be asked to submit an image of your face using your computer camera. Follow the requested steps in order to continue.
10. After submitting the photo of your face, you will be greeted by a message saying "Verification Complete". Click the displayed button to continue
11. Next, you can enter your desired amount of ETH, either entered as ETH or USD. For maximum accuracy, it is recommended that you enter your desired USD, and the convenience and gas fees will automatically be added to the total.
12. Next, you will be asked to select either a new or saved card in order to purchase the ETH. Note that selecting a saved card is only available on subsequent uses, after a new card has been saved be selecting the "save card details" check box. You will also be asked to enter the email address associated with your Connect account.
13. Next, you can enter your payment details for the new card, including card number, security code, expiration date, and billing address.
14. You will then be greeted by a page that displays your entered card information. Select the green "Make Payment" option in order to complete the purchase.
15. Finally, you will see a page that says "Your ETH transaction has been submitted". You can click on the link below in order to see further details and confirmation of the transaction at etherscan.io.
16. Congrats! You have successfully added ETH to your Connect wallet, and are ready to purchase a node license!
For assistance purchasing a node license, please click here.
Note on SwitchPay fees:
Amount received may vary based on market volatility. A fee of 7% of the requested amount will be charged for every transaction to account for Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements and convenience fees, and a minimum fee of $7 will be applicable regardless of the transaction amount. Additionally, gas fees are not included in the aforementioned charges and will be charged separately